Pages

26 Dec 2016

It happens but.....

it still isn't easy.

My little feathered friend of 12 years died this evening. Seems like she had a heart attack in the short time between when I saw her from the kitchen window and when PC went out to bring their cage in for the night and discovered her dead in the bottom. 

Her little mate, Spice, seems subdued and I hope he's OK and doesn't pine for her. I thought she'd outlast him as he has some health issues that existed before I obtained him.

It won't be the same without my cheeky little mate.




Robyn Louise 


5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, Robyn. You do get attached to pets and it is hard to lose them. I even got upset when I lost my favourite chook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to read about your loss of your sweet cockatiel. They are one of my favorite pets and she and your other bird must have had such a wonderful life, being outdoors during the day and all.
    You did not mention her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major omission. Her name is Krakatoa as she could have a volatile temperament!

    ReplyDelete