Pages

22 Dec 2016

Another RE...

Restocking!

Discovered a hen house with 5 hens on a local Facebook Buy, Sell and swap last week. Had to do some pen dismantling and 3 of the hens are older than I would have liked but they are good weed scratchers so they can have a chance at reducing our labours in return for board and feed.





Need to re-erect the main hen house in the corner behind the sheds soon. It looks a bit sad stacked in the trailer.


I also discovered a local farmer a couple of days ago on same BSS who is selling Silver Wyandottes so I bought 5 of those as they are my favourite. The pullets won’t lay for around another 10 weeks. Mr Rooster needs a name but it has to suit his nature :).


Three eggs collected so far and as half of them have only been here 3 days I’m pleased with that.

Cheers,
Robyn Louise xo.

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had a bigger pen for the chooks, Robyn. Our chooks are out most of the day and I think they are laying their eggs where we can't find them as we had no eggs at all today from ten chooks :-( Can't even blame the heat as it was only 26C. Have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2017 brings you much joy and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Wyandottes are locked up till lunchtime so I'm not searching their pen for eggs. The brown hens will be on the same schedule after their main cage is reconstructed. Thanks for the holiday wishes and returning the same to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would be thrilled to have some chickens. She has wanted some since she was very young, but we never lived where they were permitted. Who knows...someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she has the chance to own chickens, or maybe holiday somewhere that has them, as they are such characters.

      Delete