Pages

2 Jun 2015

Tempting, Toothless, Temperatures and Tasty

Look…look….I found a local who sells free range eggs! $4/dozen if you collect and $5 delivered. I fried 2 to have with my bacon this morning and they are the freshest, most golden eggs I have had since I had my hens on the farm 2 years ago. Nothing like the flavour of a fresh egg. I could be tempted to eat lots of these poached, fried and scrambled but I’ll be good and use most of them for cooking. Beats the beejeebers out of the pale runny “organic” eggs you can buy from the supermarket. She only lives a couple of blocks away too. Another thing I love about living in a village J.



I was eating crunchy ANZAC biscuits last night and thought one bit was overcooked then realised I was a bit short on the eating equipment! Excuse the "morning face" WYSIWYG!!


Thank goodness for friends to ask (thanks Di!) and Dentists on line and that they have a vacancy tomorrow. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s going to cost me a couple of hundred dollars L.

BRRRRRRRR………it’s definitely Winter!! By CRIKEY it was cold last night! I lit the fire in the wood stove again but made sure I stacked some extra wood in it before I retired for the night. There was a nice crispy first of the year frost in my back yard at 7.30am when I finally dragged myself out of bed. Didn’t think to take a photo but everyone who’s lived with it knows what a good frost looks like – right? So I thought I'd post a picture to make everyone in the cold climes feel warmer.



Made myself some chicken stock yesterday in the slow cooker using chicken necks and then added to it to make chicken and vegetable soup for lunch today. Nothing like hot homemade soup on a cold day. The ingredients are all purchased but I hope to change that in the future, well except for the chicken, but then maybe I can find someone around here who will give me a non laying freebie or sell it to me cheap.


Cheers to all plus keep warm wishes to those in the Southern Hemisphere!
RobynLouise

4 comments:

  1. Robyn, that fire looks so cosy. We only have an oil filled heater now since our wood stove in the kitchen got holes in it and we try not to use it unless we can't stand the cold anymore so we rug up with a few layers on but it would be nice to wake up to a warm house. Yes, I can imagine that fixing your tooth would cost heaps. I am not sure why dentists charge so much but they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pot on the fire - mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm getting disgruntled with store bought free range eggs - soft shells and runny inside. I must try and find a local who has eggs for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my work friends prefers my free range eggs to the store bought. Unfortunately we are only getting one egg day now. Just enough for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete