Pages

29 Mar 2015

Wonderful Weekend

Well it's Sunday night and I feel fine :D.

Yesterday I attended the gym and spent about an hour longer there than I usually do for my personal workout as I discussed some more exercises with 2 of the trainers, Chrissy and Megan, as well as free weight mass and best place to purchase barbells and weights for them. I really should buy a pushbike so that's on my "future" list. Won't hurt the fat border collie to run beside a bike instead of walking beside me.

When I left the gym I collected my car from the repairer and did my fortnightly shopping. I was very pleased to find most of my purchases at discount prices so saved about 20% on what I had budgeted :).

After I arrived home I made some pumpkin soup in the crockpot from a JAP pumpkin that I purchased from the CWA stall a couple of weeks ago using Julie's recipe. It is delicious!




 I also made some toilet bombs and they fizz nicely as they clean the toilet bowl :).




This morning I went to see a friend and we talked and had cuppas and then lunch. Afterwards I decided to drop into the park beside the river and go for a walk.


I cooked another Crock Pot Chicken  and seasoned it with soy sauce, ginger and lime and lemon pieces and it was ready around the same time this evening as Phil's Swedish Meatball recipe that I tried.





All of the above links can be found on the DTE forums and I love being a member!

Hoping everyone had as great a weekend as I did :D.

Cheers,
RobynLouise xo

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend, Robyn. I am still waiting to get some more essential oils to make those toilet bombs. I have the lavender already. Just waiting for one of the local health shops to have their monthly discount at the beginning of the month - 10-20% off so that will make the oils a little cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used lemon myrtle as that was all I had. I sprayed in some water to make it the right consistency and it bubbles nicely.

      Delete
  2. glad you had a lovely relaxing weekend
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm pumpkin soup, my favourite. Your meal looks delicious!
    And the riverside walk looks so peaceful and I like the sound of those toilet bombs ... can you use them in a septic system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'd be using bicarb in a septic as it may damage the bacterial flora and ruin your decomposing.

      Delete
  4. Love the relaxing weekend s that just go smoothly. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our fave type of pumpkin - it makes the most delicious pumpkin pie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to make some fruit cake and scones from what is left of this one. Don't think I'll have enough for the american pumkin pie I make. It's like an open tart and tastes delicious cold. There will be more pumpkins in the future to do this with though :).

      Delete