Pages

22 Jan 2015

Bread, Fruit, Technology and Music....not necessarily in that order

I baked another loaf of sourdough a couple of days ago and though I'm happier with it than the first time I baked it it still split along the sides, even though I slashed it.





Oh well, practice makes perfect....or at least better and I'm saving about $3/loaf every time I bake one as they are about $4.50/loaf at the supermarket and full of additives.


I collected my new lappy from town yesterday and Matti is going to add stuff to it for me when I can manage to take it to her. Now I just have to learn how to drive it! I won't be using it just yet as I have no security on it so I'm stuck with the old dinosaur I've been using, *roll eyes*, so please bear with me in the photo - or lack of - department.


Also bought some guitar strings for Matti's 3/4 guitar that she gifted me as I'm going to finally learn how to play. It looks a bit bare without it's 'bling' on.....


but here's the 'bling'!


Yes, that is a spare 'B' string next to the packet of nylon strings. If I break the darn thing fitting and tuning at least I won't need to do a 30km round trip for another. I'll be using a few choice 'B' words if  I do break a string! I also shouted myself a clip on tuner so I don't have to muck around with tuning forks or need absolute quiet to tune it.
He he he he.....when I learn to play my first song, successfully, I'll buy a guitar stand :). Don't anyone hold their breath waiting for that though!


On the way home from the above trip to town there was a sign a few blocks from my house that advertised fruit so I dropped by and put my money in the honesty box next to the stand. $4 for the home grown watermelon and $2 for the rockmelon. They smell WONDERFUL after the scent less offerings at the supermarkets. (The mug is only there for size comparison.) 


I'm going to wrap my teeth around a sourdough, tuna and salad sandwich now and follow it with some rockmelon for dessert before readying myself for afternoon shift.

Have a great afternoon everyone, and for the Ozzies - a great long Aussie Day weekend coming up! Just remember we weren't the first inhabitants of this great country though.

Cheers, 
Robyn XO








10 comments:

  1. I haven't attempted sourdough as yet, Robyn. I did buy the flour though :-) I bought my six year old granddaughter a guitar for her birthday but I think she is a bit young still. Maybe next time I visit I will spend a bit more time with her to start her off. Love that watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sourdough starter bubbles along well once I remove it from the fridge, let it reach room temperature and feed it. I didn't buy Matti her guitar till she was 8 as the neck would have been too wide for her to play chords before then.

      Delete
  2. Thank God for the new laptop. You won't know yourself. Enjoy the melons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying the new laptop and the rockmelon at the moment :).

      Delete
  3. The sourdough looks great, Robyn! Cheers, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, I can smell that rock melon from here!!!!! Hope it tastes great - nothing like REAL fresh food. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sourdough looks great! I haven't tried it yet but baking bread is just starting to re-enter my consciousness stream, I used to do it often but haven't for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose did a great tute on making sourdough starter on the DTE forums and it just worked for me. Looking forward to expanding my use of this in the future :).

      Delete