Pages

2 Jan 2015

2015 - A new beginning

Hoping everyone had a good Christmas and great New Year celebrations!

I visited my parents over Christmas, thanks to the kind financial support of my online friends, and I'm glad I did, as my step-dad's health has worsened since I last saw him 14 months ago. If he doesn't see next Christmas I won't be too sad though as I have been lucky to have him live till 82 and been blessed with his presence in my life for 40 of those years. Lessons I learned from him will never fade and I'm glad Mum met him and invited him into our lives. He still looks after Mum and does most of the shopping and cooking so I'm not sure what will happen when he's no longer there. Guess we'll jump that log when we come to it instead of worrying in advance how big it might be.

NYE wasn't celebrated by me, but I certainly heard the pub clientele next door having a good time till about 2am New Year's Day! I decided it was a good night to turn on the aircon and the fan and read a book while consuming chocolate cake. No alcohol was drunk as I figured I'd sleep well enough without it after the late night, hahahaha....

Now that I have a bit of a routine with work and what I do around the house I feel more settled so I'm thinking of joining in a group or going to the pool regularly and I'll be doing my crafty things again as that keeps my brain active and also relaxes me.

About time I began exploring the local area too, though I'm sure with mostly 36-42 degree celcius heat in the offing it's possibly not a good time of year for that!

I'm off shortly to do some grocery shopping and use their aircon to stay cool on this 41C day. One way of saving my electricity and the ensuing bill :D.

Cheers,
Robyn xo

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Robyn. I hope 2015 brings all you desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not sure I can fit all my desires into 12 months (or have the energy for them!) but I can save the money for trying/having them in the future :). Tim McGraw has given me some ideas with one of his songs.

      Delete
  2. Umm, what was that about consuming chocolate cake? LOL! Hope you have a great 2015, Robyn. Was just checking the forum before heading off to bed but it seems it is down at the moment. Oh dear! I hope it is just a temporary glitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO's fault as he made it! All done from scratch with lashings of choc icing. Finally found myself a man who can cook well :). I cut it into pieces and froze it so I've been eating it for 3 weeks. Now you know why I'm looking for a pushbike *roll eyes*.

      Delete
  3. I lost track of your blog somehow Robyn, great to see you blogging again :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be blogging again but now I just need to be consistent. Not off to a good start with that though...oh dear!

      Delete