Pages

15 Jul 2014

Re-connecting

Hi!

I've been a bit down in the dumps lately and didn't feel like blogging as I thought I had nothing interesting to say, apart from my health and fitness needing monitoring, which can be boring to others. I also have another blog for that!

Since I've moved I haven't made any new friends, the gardening possibilities are limited, it's a bit cold to craft, I haven't found any groups to join that interest me and finances are.....well I'd rather not say as it would include expletives as would the employment finding dramas!

Then I realised I had been neglecting friends who'd been there all along but with moving, bad internet and personal stuff I'd let the communications from my end stop.

So this week I've begun reconnecting with those who've given me great ideas, who think in a similar way to me and/or live a similar lifestyle (or the lifestyle I'm aiming for), who make me think and who've given me a laugh, or hope, when I'm feeling life isn't being fair.

It doesn't matter about the distances between us or the fact that we haven't met in person, it's just knowing that there are friends who share my interests, That will praise, congratulate, comfort, enquire and even chide if they feel it is necessary - all in good humour - with whatever I post.

This is a thank-you to all my blogging "pen-friends" who help me realise that life is what you make it. That there's highs to balance the lows and that positives can be found even in the most negative experience. To be grateful for what you have not what you'd like.

Cheers,
Robyn xo




9 comments:

  1. Cheer up, Robyn. I know how you feel about the 'too cold to craft' bit as I am snuggled under a rug trying to keep warm at night instead of sitting beside a nice warm wood fire crocheting or knitting. Wouldn't that be nice? Spring is just around the corner so there aren't too many weeks of the cold left hopefully. Don't forget we are here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle :). You guys cheer me up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn...it is too cold to craft!! It is time to sit near the heater or the fire with hot chocolate and think about good things and make plans for Spring.I am sitting near the fire tonight and dreaming of Spring when i can get gardening again.
    Warm wishes and good thoughts to my friend who is feeling a bit lost . Just remember that we are all out here enjoying your blog and we are expecting you to blog about something you are doing ( no matter how boring ) by at least this week so we know you are okay and your down has turned to up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I wish I still had a fireplace as reverse cycle air con doesn't give the same cosy feeling :(.

      Delete
  4. Make new friends, but keep the old.
    One is silver and the other gold.

    Maybe. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always rely on you to find an appropriate saying :). You seem to have a wealth of wisdom. So glad you share it with the rest of us.

      Delete
  5. Everyone goes through down patches at various stages in their lives, Robyn. Please - draw comfort that yours is happening and is therefore almost over :)

    Friends understand - even long distance friends. and we're here if, and when, you need us :) For now, keep warm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It's the readjusting to my new life.

      Delete
  6. Robyn, I just tried twice to post a comment, but can't see it here. Just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog about my tatting and mug rugs. Sorry to hear you are a bit down...hope you've perked up since you posted this!

    ReplyDelete