Pages

8 Jun 2013

Afternoon walk - very photo heavy

Yesterday afternoon my two "trainers", Flash - the Border Collie and Annie - the German Shepherd, and I went for the usual afternoon walk. After admiring the changing views over the past week I remembered to take my camera with me this time. The photos are in order but some of them have been taken looking back where I'd already been as the afternoon light was brightening out the view otherwise. The lighting makes the vegetation black in some of them where it was actually a mid/dark green.
For convenience sake I've posted in medium size mode but if you particularly want a better view of any just click on the pic :D. Some of my most liked ones are saved in a bigger size.

Walking away from home.....

Our paddocks are both sides of the road here.

Above is looking over one of our paddocks into the neighbour's place SW of us.

Next corner, that's the right angled corner ... still our paddocks either side.

Western neighbour's driveway in the distance, our paddocks cease there.

View of Anderson's Sugarloaf on the right from the above neighbour's driveway. When the Sugarloaf has a cloud cap on it it means it is going to rain in the next 24 hours.

A flock of straw necked ibis that flew across the paddock and alighted in one of the trees in our top paddock. They must nest there every night as they were very settled on our return home :).

I've just walked down this hill but walking back up is a unique exercise!

Pre-sunset

There's the bottom of the above hill. Dogs waiting while I fiddle with taking photos. They don't like to leave me behind :).

View across the neighbour's paddocks to the hills.

Upper side of the road (east) exhibiting some lovely pastels.

Looove cloud patterns
...the return trip...

The sky was a bluer colour than this

Another hill that I didn't think to photograph on my way out ....it's just as steep as the first one which is why the dogs are waiting again....puff....puff...puff....

More pastels but this time in the west.

5 minutes from home.
View across our paddocks, the SW neighbour's place and beyond to the Great Dividing Range. Makes you feel like you live on top of the world!


Hope you enjoyed an afternoon walk with me and I'll invite you on another walk in the future.

Cheers,
Robyn xo

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Robyn. You live in a nice part of the world. Our town is on the crest of the Great Dividing Range. Don't wear those poor dogs out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robyn , these are my favourite kinds of posts that show the whole area people live in. Then I imagine that space when I reading their blog. what gorgeous photos- there is one there with the road that would make a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Robyn, thank you for that lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to appreciate the wonderful colours around us, isn't it? The clouds and colours in the sky are just beautiful and it must have been so peaceful walking with the dogs.

    Can I ask, why is the hill/mountain called the sugarloaf? My girls went to a college and it was set against a hill and they called it the sugarloaf too! I never did find out the origin of the name.

    Lovely post,

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming on the walk with the dogs and I!
    Chel, we are close enough in the Macleay River valley to have the immediate runoff from the GDR. Ebor falls aren't all that far away as the crow flies.
    Kim, which one, as I can find a couple,with and without dogs, that would look nice in watercolours or oils?
    Joolz, this must have been the view it was named for as from further NW it looks more like a peaked loaf of bread from the broad side. I looked up Sugarloaf on Wikipedia and the short end does resemble the shape that refined sugar was in the 19th century in England. The Dhungutti name is Baralbalayi (pronounced Burrel-bal-lie) but I'm not sure what that means.

    Cheers, Robyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely to join you and your four leggers on your walk.
    such beautiful pics. Love the cloud pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robyn, I think from these photos you do live on top of the world, maybe not physically but definitely in your well being. What a beautiful place to be, I have found myself and my husband are truly starting to crave the freedom of living in the country, your photos have inspired me to keep striving to achieve this dream. Thankyou. I think the dogs would love the walk as much as you ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos, beautiful views:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful collection of photos celebrating the best of the nature of the season

    ReplyDelete