Pages

21 Apr 2013

Heart Food

Found out on Friday that I haven't lowered my LDL cholesterol so now I'm on medication to help lower it :(. The doctor wants to see me in 1 month to check up on my blood pressure and in 2 months I need another a fasting blood test for the cholesterol levels and another visit to the doc about this.

I've been researching good heart foods and as fish and salad are high on the list I decided that this lovely mullet, that was on special on Friday, would be stuffed with mushrooms and capsicum, baked in foil in it's own juices and accompanied by the roast pumpkin and lentil salad recipe I found on my search for new ways to use pumpkins.


DH (Mr meat and 3 veg) wasn't overly thrilled with it but he did eat most of his salad and commented that it wasn't too bad. That's high praise from a man who thinks dried peas/beans are only for feeding hens and cows.

Guess he'd better become used to eating heart healthy as this isn't a restaurant and I don't do a la carte meals! 

For those waiting on the pumpkin scone recipe it's still coming but I thought I'd help ensure I was around for a bit longer to post these things by eating healthier ;P. To compensate I've posted the roasted pumpkin and lentil recipe on the recipe page. It is surprisingly delicious!

Cheers,
Robyn xo

3 comments:

  1. WE have been trying to get more salads into us too, Robyn. We love our cooked veges but you can do so many lovely things with a salad and its quick. I don't think my David would want to eat that fish either , he likes his beef- I am trying to do it once a week much to his dismay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marina, it is yum :).
    Kim, tell David we all need Omega 3 for healthy bodies and the fatty fish, salad greens and lentils in this meal provide a good tasty dose of it.
    Cheers, Robyn xo

    ReplyDelete