Pages

15 Sept 2012

More harvesting and the mad cat

I collected these from the garden this morning and realised that I haven't posted any photos of the peas I've been picking as Miss13 and I have been eating them raw almost as soon as they are harvested!



It looks like a lot but by the time they are shelled there's about 3/4 of a cup. Another lesson learned -  3 metres of pea bushes is not enough for 3 people so if I double the rows it should be fine.



Absolutely nothing like the crisp sweetness of freshly picked!



It was chilly yesterday afternoon because of the wind and I think sitting in the kindling bucket  may have been Maddy's attempt to remind us we needed to bring in wood and light the fire in the combustion heater!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :).

Cheers,
Robyn

4 comments:

  1. Nothing to beat a handful of fresh peas for breakfast. RMan eats them like peanuts, so I also have to plant loads more next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh home grown peas are the best... and my favourite is straight away so I am with Miss 13...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Maddy cat is about as photogenic as our Bonnie cat... not very! Bonnie always seems to be unamused at the camera...
    Maddy looks like a nice cat, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love fresh peas, but you are right you don't get a lot after all that shelling (and after everyone has finished picking at the fresh peas as you are shelling!)

    ReplyDelete