Pages

24 Sept 2012

Gardening - Slip, Slop, Slap!

Yesterday I was making a new garden bed and it was fine, warm and sunny. A great day for the Spring equinox! So, living in one of the areas of the world where skin cancer is too common for anyone's liking, I slipped on a long sleeve shirt, slopped on some sunscreen and slapped on a hat :D. One advertising campaign in Australia that got it right and one that never goes out of date!


What do you think of my garden getup? I'm not much in favour of having photos taken of me let alone taking one of myself and displaying it but I thought it's time I put myself on show.... at least on my blog.



Just keep in mind that lenses on cameras put weight on - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it  ; P. Obviously the clothes are looser too so it's easier to move around when gardening.

Cheers,
Robyn

10 comments:

  1. It's not a silly idea, covering up while gardening. I often end up with a red neck because I forget when bending over to apply sunscreen. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we must have the same type of camera, one that puts on a few kilos!
    Ironic that we dress to go out on a sunny day isn't it. I'm with you though-hate to get too much sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those socks!!!! And the shades.
    Seriously though, your place is looking lovely and green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loose clothing is the ONLY way to garden. If I could do it in the nude, I'd probably do that too... LOL Nothing worse than tight, sweaty, sticky clothing to quench a gardeners enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Robyn - that should've read "squelch" not quench!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU GO GIRL! Rockin' that Garden Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am finding I am tending to garden in the late afternoon now the days are getting hotter. So nice to be outside though- loved your gardening outfit! Great to see the horse page too, I love reading about horses as I always feel I am constantly learning about our horse Silver and all her little ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Blush*. You ladies are a wonderful boost to the ego. I may have to upgrade my garden fashion if I'm going to have any more "show and tells"!
    Cheers,
    Rob xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robyn, love your gardening outfit - you look ready to do some serious work :D)
    Glad I finally got through to your blog... for some reason it wouldn't load - have been able to read it via the Google Reader but not actually access it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete