Pages

29 Sept 2011

On My Mind......Storms

This is a Friday feature over at Down To Earth that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it and link it back to the Down To Earth blog by saying you're part of 'On My Mind'. Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you’ve done that go to Down To Earth blog and add a comment below the “On My Mind” post with a link to your blog. 
If you don't want to join in you can start out by looking and maybe commenting :)!




Looks like a black and white print of a sunrise but it’s not. 
This photo was taken at 10.38pm on the 24th September 2011 when yet another storm was unfolding around us. The sheet lightning was so impressive I wanted to have a record of it and out of about 3 dozen shots, before the rain began again, I 'lucked out' with this one. I had to close my eyes to regain my night vision after taking this.
This is happening quite a lot lately and though I don't mind the rain some of the natural electrical activity that comes with it can be frightening.
Cheers, 
Robyn

9 comments:

  1. Great photo. I agree with the frightening aspect. Awe inspiring also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo Robyn! Were your kitties scared? My CC hates thunderstorm and I'm not fond of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boy and I were caught out on a city street on Wednesday when the skies sounded like they were breaking open. He was beside himself! We snuck into a locked doorway when somebody else let themselves in, and sheltered till it eased up and he was calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree whole heartily. I love the rain but the thunder and lightening shows can be a bit unnerving. The photo is AMAZING! You really got a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so remember that day. My dogs were so scared I had to jump on the couch with them and cover ourselves with a blanket. The storm went on for hours and more the next day. Crazy spring weather. TFS
    Visiting you from Down to Earth...
    Following this blog, didn't realise you had so many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems we are all a bit in awe of thunderstorms.
    @ delacruzc - all the cats decided they were house cats that night :)
    @ Linda - glad you were ok. Storms really scare little ones.
    @ Chris - good idea with the blanket as not seeing it helps. Lol, I have 3 blogs but I don't post much on 2 of them and I don't want to merge them.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo, you have done well :)

    We have had a few of these type of storms lately. Had a big lot of hail again today.

    Our dog gets fretful when thunder and lightening are around...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an extraordinary photo, really extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popping back again to say cheerio for now. I'm taking a little (or, rather, long) bloggie break. Catch up with you later :D)

    ReplyDelete