Pages

26 Jul 2011

Winter Mornings, Wonderful Effects

I watched DD run up to the bus this morning and noticed the silvery cobwebs so I grabbed my camera.



click to enlarge

Of course the assistant took the chance to put in a bit of birdwatching time. 

I almost have a bokeh photo here because of the dew and the camera is still on auto, however I did select a smaller frame instead of using telephoto. I must remember that in the future.

The one below was a 'mistake' as I was trying to take a photo of that cheeky cockatiel in my avatar sitting on my right shoulder. I was operating the camera with my left hand and she decided to go elsewhere as the shutter closed. As it was an experiment on the auto setting without using the flash this is the effect achieved.


Lol, looks like a poorly developed 35mm film doesn't it!

Thanks for looking :)
Cheers
Robyn

2 comments:

  1. Hi there - no way could you walk past those gorgeous webs without photographing them! I couldn't either ;D)

    It's fun playing around with the different settings isn't it. Good background effect in the second photo.
    It was interesting how the last photo came out too. I call mine 'mistakes' too, but they're actually one-off originals aren't they :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cobwebs Robyn! I recall cobwebs in my hometown in NZ being covered with dew that froze and stayed magnificent for days[cold though]

    ReplyDelete