Pages

14 Jul 2011

Sketching

Since participating in the Embracing the Passion course I've picked up my pencils, grabbed my journal and begun sketching again. I discovered The Sketchbook Challenge and have found inspirational ideas there. I also borrowed a book titled ”How to draw Anything” by Angela Gair from the local library which has given me more confidence to try different techniques. I’m looking to buy myself a copy as I’ve already reborrowed it 3 times and that’s the limit for continuous borrowing.

I’m pleased with some of my efforts so far, though my cow was not very co operative and shifted around a lot!



The ‘sleeping’ cat didn’t move quite so much but I’ll have to master the highlights caused by the sun.


All constructive criticism welcome :)!

Cheers,
Robyn

2 comments:

  1. You've good reason to be pleased with your efforts Robyn. I love the subjects you chose... you've captured that easy going munching around the paddock of the cow, and the sheer bliss of sleeping in the sun of the cat.
    It's a lovely feeling isn't it, when taking pen to paper and seeing the result. Enjoy your sketching.
    Thanks for the link, I'll pop over and check out the website.
    You've inspired me to dust off my sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cow! And your sketching is something to be proud of!
    Not sure about the cat ... personally I think there is too much curtain which detracts from the cat, but thats just me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete