Pages

7 Jul 2011

Offspring

Lol, no this isn't an add for the TV series but a bit of a rave about my offspring *blush*.


DD12 had to do sewing at High School last term and they made a cushion. Ok, pretty simple, but they had to fabric paint the cushion fabric first and she decided that she wanted the horse (of course!) Maximus from the movie "Tangled" on hers so she drew it freehand from a picture on the computer screen. The drawing process was a bit traumatic and I was reluctant to offer advice when asked as the volcanic temper tantrums were pretty bad. She's inherited my 'fusspot' gene and wanted it 'perfect' but I convinced her that creative art was just that and she could change it if she wanted to suit her interpretation.

Anyway, enough prologue, here it is:





She was a bit peeved that the fabric paint ran a little when she did the nose but she decided she could live with it! I think she’s done a fabulous job for her first major sewing project *big cheesy grin*.

Cheers,
Robyn

10 comments:

  1. Whoa, Robyn, looks as though you've got an artist for a daughter.
    The is a terrific project - a wonderful accent piece.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

    I am way behind on reading my fav blogs as I've been under the weather and feeling rather puny. But, I think I'm just about back to 'normal'.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move over Mum, you have a budding fabric artist in your midst! Seriously, she has made a wonderful job and you are justifiably proud of her effort ... be she is as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job, Rob! Your DD should be very proud of her cushion. I hope she continues on with her creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, from someone who has no drawing ability whatsoever, I think it is terrific! Great DD. Robyn, have you (or her) got those Inktense colouring pencils (Derwent)? I can see DD doing fantastic things in the future, Cheers
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments. DD has been drawing for years but this is her first fabric painting attempt.
    @ Cheryl - I have my eyes on those Inktense but am waiting for her to show interest in using her Derwent watercolours on fabric and sealing them with textile medium first. She can't be 'pushed', lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn, Thanks for that link. I started making bread the other day and after ruining the loaf and cleaning up I never got to the stitchery! (I am embarrassed!) So, I was going to relax on Sunday and sit down and start! The horse looks pretty! I know how daughters are when you try to tell them something! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robyn. What a great job!

    On another note, it was through you that I got onto Sew We Quilt @ Stash Manicure. When Madame Samm announced the Wantobe Quilters Campaign, I immediately put the button on my blog. I get quite confused though when I read about the conditions of being eligible for prizes. Is it correct that we have to have names and addresses of people to pass onto Madame Samm? I'm just not sure. If you are 'going to be in it' and need my name and address, I'm more than happy to pass it on to you. Maybe you could clear things up for me, if you get a chance.

    Thanks Robyn!

    Anne @ Domesblissity (laukanne@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robyn. She is so clever.The cushion looks great

    ReplyDelete