Pages

6 Jun 2011

Bags and snakes

Thought that title would grab your attention!

At UniDD’s request I’ve been making her some door snakes as she can’t find any where she lives and is tired of tucking a towel under the door. To make the postage worthwhile I thought I may as well add a few more items so I’ve been indulging my current bag fetish and started off with something easy – shopping totes. I modified a blue purchased supermarket bag, made one from a heavy calico I had, to carry cans in, and then decided to convert a little dress of hers from 15 years ago that has also been worn by DD12.  
With a strip of calico as a strap backing I think it looks fabulous.


I need to buy some ribbon for tea towels and handtowels I want to send for her kitchen. There will also be a few other items already made that are in my gifts box - potholders, oven gloves, a crocheted dishcloth and whatever else I think she might like and use. Lol, think I’ll make a special card and send it as a Christmas in July (almost) package!

Cheers,
Robyn

2 comments:

  1. My first thought on reading the title of your blog was, "Heavens, I hope the snake isn't in the bag!" Whew!!
    All the items have turned out just lovely! Though, not being completely enamoured with snakes I remain a little dubious ... that one can see you no matter which way you enter ... eyes at two ends!
    Isn't it funny how when our children leave home they never say no to the little items that are most essential? Pot holders; dishcloth etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All turned out lovely Robin, I particularly like the tartan like bag, looks great. ( I wonder if I have some fabric like that for a bag....sigh )

    ReplyDelete