Pages

8 Apr 2011

Mug Wrap Swap


Last month I participated in the Mug wrap and Coaster Swap on Our Craft Forum and the theme was bugs.

My swap partner wanted Butterflies as her bugs and she likes blue.
I combined the scrapping embellishment idea with some fabric and blanket stitch for the butterfly and I stitched it on as I didn't think gluing was appropriate on a sewn item :D.
Both are lined with cotton wadding to keep the heat in.



The coaster photos are front(blues) and back(purple) of one coaster.



This is the mug wrap and coaster Sandra sent to me

I love the butterflies. The fabric on the other side of the items was a lovely pale apricot solid.

8 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly on the mug wrap, very clever, the blanket stitch round the edge really makes it stand out. There must be a couple of people on the forum that like butterflies as I've seen some others during my blog hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mug wrap is such a cute idea... they look great...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the butterfly.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn, I just popped over to look at another of your blogs ... love the mug wraps. So pretty! A great idea for lots of spare pieces of material. Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterfly on the mug wrap! A very effective idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stuff love the butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete