Pages

11 Dec 2010

FNSI

Here's what I did last night. Any comments welcome as this is my first quilt and true to form I'm 'freelancing' instead of doing it from a pattern!! Lol, I can't help myself. This was originally a fabric book but I just liked the theme for my grandson as he helps his Pop and his Dad a lot.
Caught myself out last night as I thought I had more strips cut for the sashing/borders but when I went on a search for it I discovered that I had used that red for something else and hadn't replaced it yet! Looks like I'll be at the fabric shop on Monday.
I had to trim the blocks again as the pattern isn't quite even but at least I've made a start *smile*. The finished quilt should be about 36" x 46". Is that big enough for a 3 year old boy to wrap himself in or should I add a second border and make it 40 x 50? 

10 comments:

  1. I think if the boy likes it enough he won't care what size it is really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good.... well it may be the first but I will be surprised if it is the last....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and I am sure your grandson will love it. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, I think it's just perfect for your grandson! And it looks great, too. I would imagine that it's big enough....kids like to drag their blankies all over the place so it's probably best that you don't make it any larger? :o) Well done, my friend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rob, that is such a nifty idea! Your little GS will LOVE it. I think it would be big enough, but if you wanted to make it bigger, it wouldn't matter. I think he will be hanging onto it for many years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely quilt! And your first time and without a pattern! Well done! I know a little girl who'd love that quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have done a great job on the quilt. Looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn, what a lovely quilt. I am sure DGS will love it :) A lot of ladies who come into work use those book panels for quilts. Anyhow, you have given me courage as I am going to start my first real quilt soon, actually 2 identical ones for DGS6 & 8 and I don't have a pattern either, just whats in my head :P Keep up the good work ... and inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job...watch out....this 'quilting' thing is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am positive your grandson will adore the quilt. Its not only colourful, its also very much "boy".

    ReplyDelete