Pages

14 Sept 2010

Tuesday's Treasures

One of these may seem a funny thing to class as a treasure but if you are a horse person you'd know. Lol, I bred both of these at around the same time, as I fell pregnant with youngest daughter and had a little mare here who was quiet but that I couldn't ride while I was pregnant so I bred my unborn baby her own horse. She was born end of March and he was born end of August in 1999 so they've grown up together. Anyone can ride this horse but he goes best for DD and for me, as I raised him and trained him and she was his playmate. He thinks he's human and the bugger has walked into the house to knick an apple off the bench before and he's also bombproof which is essential in a kid's horse :). My two treasures often go off together to chase cows or train racehorses with Dad and in Summer they like to be in the dam!

14 comments:

  1. A fantastic photo and a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story to share Robyn... treasured memories indeed!!
    they really do look like mates too.
    Love it, thanks for sharing.
    The other Robyn xx (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely treasure to share... I love the photo - it is like you have caught such a relaxed and tender moment between the two..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story and treasure to share...
    they look so gorgeous together..
    I love horses too!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the story behind the picture. Real treasures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn how lovely ! They are both true treasures . Thanks so much for showing us and playing along .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo. They are obviously very comfortable with each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story and I couldn't agree more. If a girl has a horse you'll always know what she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo and having grown up around horses I understand ,a lovely treasure !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect picture:) They are both so relaxed in each others company:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truely beautiful photo and a treasured memory.
    (((HUGS))) Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robyn, thanks for your comments on my blog. Thought you may like the address to the owls.
    moonstitches.typepad.com
    scroll down the right sidebar and you will see "tutowlrial" that will take you into the pattern.
    Have fun. (((HUGS))) Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the picture, Robyn. I think it is just beautiful. :-) Sandy.

    ReplyDelete