Pages

24 Aug 2010

Tuesday Treasures

This watch belonged to my Great Grandmother, Bertha Matilda, and was given to her by her husband George but I can't recall which important occasion it was a gift for - wedding, birthday or birth of a child. It is rose gold and has had a lot of use as it has little scratches and dents on it as Bertha believed in using things not letting them sit in a drawer waiting for a special occasion to wear them. It doesn't function anymore and I haven't enquired about having it repaired yet but one day, I just may be an eccentric and wear a working wind up watch again as Great Grandma Bertha liked to be different :)!

4 comments:

  1. Robyn--the watch is lovely. Anything left from a grandmother is a real treasure. I love her name."bertha matilda".
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn it's beautiful , I'd wear it ! Thanks for playing along .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robyn I love this watch. Rose gold is so beautiful and it is wonderful to have something which belonged to your great grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old jewellery and that is such a beautiful watch with wonderful memories.
    Thanks for sharing your treasure.
    (((HUGS))) Roz.

    ReplyDelete