Pages

21 Aug 2010

Not much to show for a month

Ta-dah here's my completed mystery item. The  first photo is the top and second photo is the base. I've been calling it my 'Hat Head starfish' as the materials remind me of that location.
 It's a small wonder pincushion and I don't have a link but it's from the May/June 1997 issue of Quiltmaker magazine. Here are the other things I've done in 4 weeks that I should have posted earlier.
This is a needlecase made using Leanne Beasley's embroidery pattern from the Leanne's House Couch Companion. It is my first big embroidery effort and was done for a designer forum swap. I was pleased with how it turned out but I should have tried something with straighter lines for a first major project!
The quilt label below was quick to do but I had a mental blank and just couldn't think of something suitable to send my partner, Jeanette, so it arrived late. Lol, I did the template from a scrapbooking stamp I have so I guess I'll be mixing the 2 hobbies a bit in the future.

Cheers,
Robyn Louise.

3 comments:

  1. I rather like that pincushion! It's a different shape than any others I have seen, and would look equally good in any combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the starfish pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete