Pages

4 Feb 2015

Country, Cucurbitaceae and a Mad Cat

I finally put the strings on the guitar last weekend and have started relearning my chords and decided to learn how to play Little Bitty, performed by Alan Jackson as I like it and it has easy chords. Lol, more about that in the future!

My Cucurbitaceae, or pumpkins, are growing really well and starting to form flower buds.


I'm already hoping for a bumper crop and thinking soup, scones, fruit cake, open face pies, roast pumpkin, pumpkin/roquette/lentil salad.....I'd best stop as I'm making myself hungry!

The dog, Flash, and I went for a walk Monday evening. We didn't anticipate having another attendee but our fool cat decided she was coming and wouldn't be chased home. Miss Mad Cat decided that we were walking too fast so yowled loudly and continuously every time she thought we were too far ahead of her. I called her and slowed up a little but she had to run to catch up with us each time as I knew if I stopped she would just collapse and want her head or belly rubbed *roll eyes*. I'm really hoping this doesn't become a habit as it means I can't go far or fast and walking is my means of exercise and helping to keep fit and control my weight. A busy main road crosses one end of our street and our street is also the main entryway to the village so I can't really leave her and hope she returns home of her own accord.


Cheers,
Robyn xo


6 comments:

  1. Two Words: Cat Sling

    I made my own version of this one, And I wore it closer to my neck, as that was more comfortable and easier on my back. Man. I wish I had a cat.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3261+28595+25048&pcatid=25048

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion but Mad Cat (Maddy) is an ex farm cat and I don't think she'd take kindly to that. She likes to stop and smell the grass and investigate roadside bushes. She tolerates being picked up and cuddled. LOL, there is the odd time when I'd gladly air freight her to you though!

      Delete
  2. Maddy has a strong personality:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess one could call her assertive, but I think she's just bossy :P.

      Delete
  3. Yes Robyn, send her to J! Wouldn't she be surprised?

    ReplyDelete