Pages

12 Jan 2015

Growing, making, earning and another new toy *cheeky grin*!

Yay, had some rain in the last week! The garden appreciated it. I'd planted some kikuyu runners in a bare patch in the back yard and they are thriving now. The fruit tree leaves have plumped up again too. The woebegotten looking strawberry plants have a new lease on life and I've put some sprouted spuds under some grass mulch near my pumpkin vines so hoping they respond well to the showers. Removed spider grass and some other self propagating plant from the front circular garden and planted dwarf corn kernels and yellow butter bean seeds. The main front garden has 3 lots of zucchini seeds in it where I cut and poisoned some self sown trees. I've pulled lots of weeds out the back while the soil is soft and the compost bin is full. Now if I can just keep the mad cat out of the pot near the front door that I've sewn mixed leafy greens in........

My sourdough mother is finished. I'm making some bread from it today.

Darn it! I had to report to Centrelink last week and unfortunately I didn't earn enough to remove me from their list because of the compulsory break over Christmas. Last week was the 9th week too so if I'd earnt above the requirements I wouldn't have to deal with them unless I registered for Newstart again. Now I need to start another 9 week above requirements earning stint....grrrrr...

OK whinge over :)

I'll blame my DD, Matilda, for this as she told me about it....hahahaha...
I'm in the process of arranging to purchase another machine that will help me destash but it may be a while till I can collect it from where it will be delivered and stored as that is about 200km away. Pics when, and if, I can.

I really must find a way to post photos again but that may have to wait until I have a new laptop. Disliking posting text only blog posts and as I'm starting to really settle in here now and restart my simple life I want to share it with my internet friends.

Cheers,
RobynLouise





9 comments:

  1. Are you posting from your phone, Robyn? Can you download Blogsy for your blog posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posting from the laptop. Lol, I have enough trouble typing sms let alone a blog post on the mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have had some good rain for your garden! you will have it the way you want in no time. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always the problem though of too much of a good thing!

      Delete
  4. Obviously you are very busy, work, garden and all. I don,t mind reading, you are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting? That's new, as it's usually "a bit weird" :P.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad your contentment is restored
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of it is finding a good partner in an unlikely place :).

      Delete
  6. Lovely to see you blogging again. I need to do the same.....

    ReplyDelete