Pages

26 Aug 2014

Moving out....but not today!

Well, my last job was a job trial and as the hosing part with the "firehoses" was beyond my physical capabilities it didn't work out. I did have fun though and it made me much fitter, as well as paying a good income for the days I was there.

Between now and then I came across someone who kindly suggested my services to another employer in the cleaning business so after last Friday I am now looking for a rental house in Griffith NSW, as I start my new part-time permanent job in mid September, and SO's is too far to travel on a daily basis for work. I will be living a much easier travelling distance to his place though *cheesy grin* and there will be the opportunity of further employment hours in the future as one of the staff is going on pregnancy leave and the company wants to use the existing staff to the best advantage then.

BTW - anyone who reads this and owns, or knows someone who owns, a property in this area that will allow a cat and a dog and maybe has room for 3 horses - all farm animals so trained or useful in their own way - please leave a comment and I'll contact you.

Three moves in 10 months has made life interesting but on the flip side, life becomes better each time - one way or another :). I may be a bit backwards as most people take risks and have adventures in their early twenties but I was being safe then and now, at 51, I'm having the most interesting, exciting time of my life.....sometimes to the consternation of my adult children, but they were the reason I was playing it safe when I was younger!

Some more good news just interrupted my typing of this post. Some money that is owed to me finally looks like being paid. Not all at once, but I will receive it progressively over the next few months - just when I will need it.

I'm not a great believer in stars and readings, though I do find the Chinese signs are more accurate to what is happening in my life than the age of Aquarius stuff, so maybe my stars are deciding to shine favourably on me at the moment :D.

Then, maybe, I'm making a bit of my own luck as one's attitude can also determine one's fate and destiny *wink*.

Cheers,
Robyn xo



6 comments:

  1. Sad about the trial not working, but good with the cleaning job. Moving again better you than me, hope you find something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm becoming a bit of a drifter! Unfortunately my pack saddle and the bags for it are still stored in boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, you sounded like you enjoyed the dairy farm job. Sorry it didn't work out but it looks like you are starting another adventure. I hope you find a place soon...for you and your animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, some good things take time and can't be rushed :).

      Delete
  4. It is great you are 'taking risks'!! I did that when I was 10 years older than you and have survived to tell the tale ... and wow, didn't I learn how others lived! Good luck Robyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is what you make it and you certainly sound 'upbeat' even though you are on the move again. I'm sure you'll find the right place and the job will work out best of luck and keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete