Pages

20 Jul 2014

Nice and crispy and -3C!!

Good morning all!

SO(significant other) was up before the sun, possibly before the sparrows too as there didn't seem to be any around....probably had their feet frozen to the branches, poor little things! He did complain that "It's bloody cold here!" as he dressed. I languished in bed for another 20 minutes, by which time he'd had a coffee and was gone to attend to business. He doesn't muck around when there is something that needs doing.

I had a warming cup of tea, logged into the computer, checked emails and then decided it was too good a chance to miss so I found my backbone, and my camera, threw on a jacket and went outside around 7am to indulge in another hobby I've neglected.

This was my reward.

My car on the front sidewalk. Ice on the windscreen is about 6mm(1/4") thick!


Some weeds in the front yard.


The back yard didn't seem as frosty.

Lid of the 44 gallon horse feed drum. I nearly deleted this on the camera as I didn't think it was clear and the automatic shutter speed was only 80 with an f-stop of 3.2. When I viewed it on the computer though the blurry foreground was redeemed by the clear mid and back ground :). This is not a usual thing with this camera and in the future I'll think twice before deleting directly from the camera! Lol, one never stops learning :)

The raised frosted number on the lid of the 44 took my fancy too. It's like it's embossed in a different finish to the rest :).

The consolation to freezing mornings of the frosty type usually means a warm(ish) fine day. Hoping all my followers are having a grand weekend with lots of things to make them smile!

Cheers,
Robyn xo

10 comments:

  1. Poor you, but love the pics, better you than me, hopefully our in Qld frosts have gone for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I think our frosts are just peaking! Lucky I still have warm clothes from living at the farm :).

      Delete
  2. It is definitely a warm day here, Robyn. It is nice to be able to take the Long Johns off for a few hours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I hope I don't need to resort to that. I associate long johns with snow!

      Delete
  3. I love your photographs. How could I have missed knowing that this was a special interest of yours?: I hope that you share many more of your lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed it because I haven't indulged in it for about 10 months. I don't always involve myself in what is happening around me but I love to observe. Observing has taught me a lot about people, which is probably why I like animals more - they're not so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!Almost makes me like Winter afterall.
    Love those warm days that follow a frost too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the frosts better than Winter rain as dull days make me feel colder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robyn, great pics! Can't believe how cold it's been this winter, and that we chose to head north for warmer weather! Even my sister in Cairns says it's been exceptionally cold this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, yep! Forum friends in Qld are saying they've needed to unpack their woolies! Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete