Pages

9 Jun 2014

Gardening and Crafts

I've been a bit busy over the last few weeks as I was involved in an online craft swap, had gardens to prepare and plant, did some cutting out of items I need to sew AND found myself a part time cleaning job :D! I've started baking my own bread again and am slowly stocking up the freezer but you've already seen plenty of pictures of cooking in the past so I won't bore you with those. Oh, I bought myself one machine whilst looking for a completely different type of machine *roll eyes*. Mi bad!!

As there's been a lot of typing going on with other interests and job applications I thought I'd just do a bit of a photo journal this post - with captions.

Gardening

















The peas and carrots are progressing.


Strip garden at front of house is planted to dwarf kale and rocket (roquette/arugula).


The garlic has popped up and the extra kale is potted.


Crafting/Swapping

The DTE "Learn a new skill Swap".


 My swappee, Alison's, gift to me. Two knitted cotton dishcloths, a blue one with my initial on it and a white one with a horse head on it; 3 lovely cocoa soaps; a tub of body butter and a sinus stick.

My gifts to Alison.
A cut out card.

The outside of a stand-up card. 
Inside of above card.



A pop-up card.

Inside of above card.
 

 A shaker card.

 Inside of above card.


Machine Purchase

This is the machine I bought for $100, hardly used......when I was supposed to be looking for a whipper snipper to help tame the garden!



These are the accessories, besides the foot pedal and protection case, that came with it.
The photos of the items I have cut out will have to wait as I need to sew them together first!

Hope everyone is enjoying their cooking, crafts and gardening :D!

Cheers,
Rob XO






7 comments:

  1. Robyn, that sewing machine looks like a really good one. That was a good buy and the whipper snipper will have to wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The real estate agents may not approve of the long grass ;P. Think I've found the machine I was "supposed" to be looking for.

      Delete
  2. The strip at the front of your house is the size and shape of my entire garden. Finding space for nourishment of body and soul is a pleasure unequaled.

    I am growing parsley and spring onions in pots this year, and leaving the ground with more room for the rest.

    So nice to see all your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have your space all sorted out :).

      Delete
  3. Lovely swap items on both sides:) And your sewing machine!! Now that was a real bargain and I can imagine it will soon be sewing madly.
    Your garden reminds me of an earlier life when I lived where it was green and it rained regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you re swap items :). I'm trying to find a way to warm up the kitchen so I can sew....brrrr. Lol, the garden was brown a few of months ago when the temps were still hitting the mid 30's celcius -unseasonally. We didn't seem to have Autumn for long :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful! Lots of goodies and don't you just love home made bread?! Great swap items too!! Enjoy everything along with your new toy :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete